Internaitonal museum day at Choijin Lama temple museum on May 17Back
Choijin Lama Temple Museum, included on the 2020 World Monuments Watch, under the Cultural Heritage program by MCS Group, has celebrated Watch Day on May 17, with a series of educational activities, online live program, and youth participatory event. Watch Day highlights the importance of vibrant community engagement and local stewardship in the sustainable preservation of heritage sites. These Watch Day activities are wholly or partly supported by World Monument Fund.
Choijin Lama Temple Museum Watch Day activities:
- Tree planting at the front yard of Choijin Lama Temple
- Guided tour with online video to promote Mongolian temple architecture, traditional techniques, external decorations, building material making process, etc.
- Paper mache art workshop for high school students
- The launch of an AR content re-construction of demolished temple buildings
- Digital exhibition of old archival photos dating back to 1920s.